Product Information & Care Policy
PRODUCT INFO - FLOOR
All of our structures unless specified in a custom quote come inclusive with H4/H5 Bearers, H4 Floor Joists/Frame and Standard 19mm H3.2 treated Plywood Floor. If your site is muddy, has consistent wet conditions and you are concerned with this affecting your shed/cabin, you must advise the sales team prior to installing and concreted posts must be installed at an agreed height above the ground. If you have no concerns or wish to have your shed/cabin site directly on bearers, the site must be levelled and flat by the client. Alternatively, the client can make their own base which our installation team will install on, however as Barry Sheds did not make the base this part of the shed will not be covered by warranty.
PRODUCT INFO - PERSPEX WINDOWS AND DOORS
Our wooden joinery is made from 4.5mm clear coated Perspex, this is the same thickness as glass but requires no gluing. It is also shatter proof making our sheds/cabins safe around children and pets. If your quotation includes this type of joinery it will be standard with “Wooden Door, or Half Timber, Half Perspex Door, Cottage Door/Windows or Villa Door/Windows.” Wooden windows will attract water and dry over time. This is a nature causing an effect on the timber framework. We do recommend apply sealants such as silicone from your local hardware supplier if you do have any concerns about a minor draft. We also do recommend you varnish the framing of the window. To ensure window framework is not damp, it will naturally dry and it will not affect the structure’s stability. We carry no warranty over modifications made by the user.
PRODUCT INFO - ALUMINUM WINDOWS AND DOORS
We do offer aluminum joinery in single-glazed and double-glazed glass. This option can be fitted to any model. Your quotation will include this if it states ‘Aluminum door/window’ in the quotation. Our aluminum is ordered only on request and sourced by a local supplier which supply the joinery at acceptable NZ standards. Aluminum joinery requires low maintenance in comparison to Wooden Perspex joinery.
CARING FOR YOUR GLASS
Glass Care Installation Notes
• If solashes of mortar or plaster occur, immediately wash down with clean water or mild detergent. Do not allow splashes to harden. Do not use solvents.
• Clean glass carefully: use non-abrasive cleaners, mild detergents or propriety glass cleaners.
• Do not use scrapers on glass.
• Home owners should obtain a copy of Care and Maintenance Instructions from their window supplier.
• The regular washing and drying of glass and window frames are required to ensure long term durability. In uroan areas washing should be every 3 to 6 months.
• When washing, soak the glass surface with warm water and mild soap detergent solution to loosen dirt and debris or proprietary glass cleaners. Start cleaning at the top of the building and continue to lower levels.
• After washing, rinse with clean water and then dry the glass using a clean grit-free squeegee, cloth or paper towel and remember, ‘Wet glass is dirty glass.”
• All water and cleaning solution residue should be dried from the window gaskets, sealants and frames to prevent water spots.
• Avoid cleaning tinted and reflective glass surfaces in direct sunlight.
Washing Special Glasses
• When washing double glazing and laminated glass use the same procedures as above but ensure no solvents met the edge laminate interlayer or unit sealant.
• It is advisable to check the frame drainage to ensure no water is trapped in the rebate as this can affect the life of these products.
• With reflective or Low E coated surfaces exercise special care when cleaning and follow the manufacturer’s instructions
The Aluminum frame is to be cleaned with warm soapy water and rinsed with clean water as well. If there is something on the Aluminum that this will not remove, we would advise trying a small amount of IPA on a rag this can be purchased from a paint supply store like Linkup paints. After applying the IPA, it will need to be washed with warm soapy water and rinsed with clean water.
PRODUCT CARE - GENERAL MAINTENANCE
All our sheds/cabins are an environmentally friendly choice, it is a natural product that should be properly looked after and maintained. We advise regular painting and priming as required. We also recommend regular cleaning to remove moss/mold that may grow on the exterior of the shed as the treated pine is exposed to the elements.
PRODUCT CARE - INTERIOR LINING - UNTREATED PLYWOOD
As an environmentally friendly product we use nontoxic materials such as untreated ply and trims. The interior plywood standard and V Grove comes untreated and requires a primer and painting to sustain its life. We recommend completing this within the first six months of purchase. Products we highly recommend for painting: We recommend always to use products with anti mould qualities, this will remove any potential for moisture damage. UNDERCOAT: Dulux 1Step Prep Water Based Primer, Sealer & Undercoat Dulux Wash/Wear Paint TOP COAT: Wattyl ID advanced
PRODUCT INFO - VERANDA AND DECKS
The Veranda and Deck is not included in the footprint size of the product. The footprint size is the exterior measurements of the shed/ cabin only. The veranda and deck can be provided with any model however these are classed as accessory items not covered by our warranty. The purpose of the veranda only is aesthetical. The veranda is not an extension of the roofline and its fitting does not affect the interior or exterior of the shed itself.
PRODUCT CARE - FIXING HANGING ITEMS TO YOUR SHED
If the shed/cabin has an unlined interior with bare framing you can hang items straight away, as soon as it is installed. However please check the weight as the framing is MG 75mm x 50mm it is at your own discretion to hang heavy items and risky bowing of the framing which would void your warranty. If the interior of the shed is lined with our standard/v grove 12mm plywood, we recommend waiting 4-6 weeks before hanging items on the wall with screws or hooks. This is to allow the glue to set holding the plywood to the framing and insulation. If items of a heavy nature or more than expectable amount this will void your warranty on the interior plywood. We also recommend using a stud reader before attaching or fixing items to the wall or framing.
DISCLAIMER: All our structures are built for the usage of a shed/cabin only. Other uses beyond this are at the client’s own discretion and we take no responsibility for your intended use beyond a shed or cabin. We do not market or suggest a shed or cabin to be used as a dwelling with bathroom, kitchen or shower facilities. We recommend all clients do due diligence regarding timber treatments we use i.e Shadowclad 2000, Preprimed Weatherboard, H3.2 rough sawn, V Grove Untreated Plywood and H4, H5, H1.1 75x50 Framing.